Introduction

As my first post on this blog I just wanted to start out by introducing myself.

I grew up on a small lake in Minnesota where I developed a passion for fishing at a young age. I spent most of my free time fishing for panfish and largemouth bass off the dock and once I was able to attain my boating safety certificate at age 12 I had free reign on the lake with the family fishing boat. Growing up I was lucky enough to travel with my family every year to various fly fishing destinations in the American west. Fishing closer to home I targeted walleye on many of the larger lakes in Northern Minnesota. I was also able to make several trips with my father to lakes above the tree line in the Northwest Territories where I was able to further hone my fly fishing skills on large northern pike and lake trout.

Upon graduation from high school I moved to Duluth, MN where I attended UMD and graduated with a  degree in Environmental and Outdoor Education. When I was not in class I was usually spending time fishing for steelhead, lake trout and salmon on Lake Superior and its tributaries. It is here where I really fell in love with fishing moving waters for anadromous fish.

Once I graduated from college I almost immediately headed north to Alaska where I have been guiding for the last 11 years. In the winter I enjoy traveling to various tropical fishing destinations and have spent time fly fishing the flats of the Yucatan  and Belize and fished offshore for marlin and pelagic species in places such as Kenya, Guatemala, Magdalena bay and multiple other destinations on the Baja.

I have a real passion for guiding and especially introducing and passing on my love of the sport to new and youth anglers. 

-Andrew Chadwick


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kenai River Sockeye Fishing, DIY or DIWHY?

May: Something to Look Forward to

The short but essential Alaska guided fishing trip packing list